Going to press is different than going live with digital content. To protect your printing budget – and brand image – avoid these traps that make your printed pieces irrelevant before their time.
- Years in business. Your experience may be a differentiator, but the number of years you’ve been around is guaranteed to change within 12 months. Stick with the year founded instead.
- Territories and maps. If your footprint is still growing, don’t limit yourself to today’s reach. Besides, someone will always be bigger.
- Salespeople’s names. People retire, get promoted and switch jobs. Moreover, you should be promoting the brand, not individuals.
- Photos of technology. Computer screens and smart phones only look innovative until the next model release.
- Trendy language. Flavor-of-the-day sayings are best kept to digital platforms. I know, right?
Bottom line: keep your valuable printed materials fresh by saving fast-changing data for your website, social media posts and other digital marketing content.