Station8 marked the 90th anniversary of our namesake home, Tulsa’s historic Fire Station No. 8, on September 24 with a celebration that recognized retired and active Tulsa Fire Department firefighters and raised funds for the new Tulsa Fire Museum.
We were honored to welcome dozens of firefighters and many of their family members back to the renovated Station, including Captain Vern Landers, who was the last captain to lock the door when the Station was decommissioned in the early 1990s. Addressing the crowd at the event, Captain Landers captured the sentiment many of the firefighters shared with us about their gratitude for Fire Station No. 8’s new chapter.
In conjunction with the event, Station8 facilitated donations to the Tulsa Fire Museum through the Tulsa Community Foundation. Donations can still be made by following this link. 100% of the proceeds raised will go to the Tulsa Fire Museum Building Fund. Set to open in early 2016, the Tulsa Fire Museum will be housed in the historic Tulsa Fire Alarm Building, which is just a few years younger than our Station.
Station8 Cofounding Principal David Clark and the architect behind the Station’s renovation, James P. Boswell, purchased Fire Station No. 8 for adaptive reuse in 2012. The Station was built in 1925 near Route 66 and served the Cherry Street District until its decommission in the early 1990s. The station was Tulsa’s last fire station to stable horses. Today, its new predominantly glass second story, respectfully stepped back to honor the original structure, overlooks the beautiful Downtown Tulsa skyline.
About Station8, LLC:
Station8 is a business-minded, Tulsa advertising agency focused on supporting its clients’ success. Principals David Clark and Laura Crouch founded Station8 after 22 years of growing brands together as a team, by merging David Clark Design and Writing Services, Inc. The agency takes its name after the renovated Fire Station No. 8.