Apply for Writer - Freelance position
Writer - Freelance
Station8 is a branding and creative agency looking for a freelance writer with whom to build a professional relationship. What makes us special and different from other agencies is we have a history of working with clients with incredible noble causes, and it's our passion to be a multiplier of those noble causes and the good they do in the world.
Our culture thrives on an ownership mindset. Because every decision we make directly impacts the people working beside us, we think like owners. This ensures...
- We have each other's backs
- We stay positive
- We show respect
- We anticipate and communicate
- We learn and improve
At Station8, we help clients tell complex brand stories with clarity. As such, exceptional writing is central to how we help build brands and elevate noble causes. We value our freelancers and appreciate having a partner we can turn to time and time again, as the need arises. We look for someone who can step in with our team and flow with our processes to create excellent, memorable work. In addition to being a great writer who understands both advertising copywriting and content writing, ideal candidates are responsive, efficient, collaborative, positive and meticulous when it comes to consistent style and proofing. One must be willing to dive in and truly understand what the client offers and what they’re trying to accomplish.
What's expected of you (essential job functions)
- Local to the Tulsa area and able to appear in person for meetings when requested Monday through Friday between 8:30a - 5p CT (2 times per week at maximum)
- Availability for phone, email, chat and virtual conference calling Monday through Friday between 8:30a - 5p CT
- On a project basis, write and proof copy and/or content using Google docs
- On a project basis, support the Station8 team with concepting
- Consistently meet predetermined deadlines for each assignment
- Track hour upon request
- Be a self starter and keep yourself accountable to expectations
- Willingness to ask for help when needed
- Keen eye for detail, grammar and consistency in punctuation and style to meet each brand’s standards
- Comfortable communicating with clients and internal team members on a regular basis using a variety of methods
- Effectively work in a team environment
- Adhere to internal processes, budgets and timelines
- At least some experience with professional marketing writing
- A portfolio with writing projects for review
- Willingness to write in Google Docs or other requested platforms
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions and meet deadlines
- Willingness to understand the client’s brand relating to each project
Ideal candidate experience
- Understanding of AP Style
- Ability to write for multiple media including print, web, video, social, SEO, etc.
- Ability to interview clients for information
- Professionalism to participate in asking questions to clients in discovery meetings
- Proficiency in researching relevant industries or competitive landscapes
- Ability to present your creative writing with confidence and professionalism
What to expect during the application process
If after reviewing your application and portfolio we feel like your qualifications are a match for our extended team, we will invite you to have an informal interview where our goal is to get to know you better. Because we don't believe in high-pressure interviews, we keep it conversational with questions about your learning experiences, work history and other background information. We will assess your understanding of copywriting using your personal portfolio projects. After your initial interview, we may request that you complete a small sample writing project on your own so we can gain a better understanding of how well you adapt to a project’s purpose and the specifications and timeline we provide.
Once we have reviewed your work, we may invite you for a final interview with additional members of our team.
Station8 is an equal opportunity employer
It is the policy of Station8 to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Station8 prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.